Friday, July 11, 2008

Scrapjacked: CandiMandi

I jacked CandiMandi for the lastest scrapjack challenge and I love how it turned out. I adore this photo from my graduation and it really inspired me. I used the May Dozen's kit. Lisa suggested that I stamp the journaling with a type writer font. I dipped a gatorade cap in green paint and used it as a stamp. :D


I added the film rub ons, the yellow rose (from Aja), restroom lady, the journaling paper behind the labels etc...


I watched the first Season of Sex in the City while I worked on this. I am super slow at scrapping and get distracted easily. I didn't realize I'd seen all except one of the episodes. I've started on the second season, but just barely.

What else have I been up to? A lot of play and some work. The thing with editing photos is that it requires a lot of minute details and intense focus. And I can handle about 2 hours of that and then I need a break.

Jenna & Tiffany stole me from my computer on Tuesday to grab a sandwich and we ended up car dancing. I have so much fun with them. We grabbed an ICEE and went back to our cool house. I think it was 85 here on the coast.

That night, I drove Jenna, and friends to Mountain View. I had never played laser tag (yeah I know I missed that fad). This was everyone else's second or third time playing. I thought for sure that I'd place last, but I placed 15 out of 20! Here is my card to prove it (and Jenna named me Mc Mama but it got typed out as Big Mama).


Went to Taco Bell which is located on our beach at Linda Mar. It was so crowded I couldn't find a parking spot. I guess everyone was playing hooky. The cool thing about living so close to the beach is that I can walk from my house and go multiple times in a day. I went back later when it was cooler and walked Brewster.

Went out to dinner with Dan last night. Had a good time. Not much else going on. Just starting to realize how close I am to leaving for Europe. I am such a planner and its going to be interesting to see how I handle the spontaneity of this trip. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Oh, and those of you who were curious about that fireworks photo, I had a tripod set up and I was using (S) shutter mode at 1/8 of a second.

7 comments:

Vee said...

love your jack!!! those stamps are awesome, may i ask where you got them, I want some! :)
have a great weekend!! :)

Rachel said...

I just looooove this layout! So much fun :)

Unknown said...

love your new layout! Wow, it always sounds like youre having fun, hehe.

Chez said...

i cannot believe you are just now watching Sex and the City. lol I am so jealous (um still) that you are going to europe!!!!!! miss you girl!

Marjolein said...

Great layout, love the colors!! And like Vee says... I love those typewriter font stamps, gives a great look!!!
When are you leaving for Europe? Where are you going?? Visit Amsterdam too??? Have lots and lots of fun girl!

Holly said...

Love that jack! You did a fabulous job! I've never played Laser Tag either. We have one here in Fayetteville, and Bryan is always talking about going. I dunno' about it though. Tee hee! I'm so excited for you to get to go on your trip to Europe! Wish I was going. :0)

dani said...

Love the layout - so awesome you're in the faves. This one really rocks!!

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj

Suggested reading

Blog Widget by LinkWithin