I've been super busy since the DT announcement. I will post what I've been up to when I get the OK from EBB. I am really excited about going to Winter CHA in February! I've decided to set a goal and plan to have my product line designed and displayed at Winter CHA 2009! For those of you non-scrappers, Winter CHA is a convention where all the scrapbook stores go to view new products and order. Basically a bunch of really talented designers go and show off their newest stuff!
Lisa is such an inspiring artist in my life. Lisa and her friends, Jackie, Jesse, and Ashanta decided to set their house up as an art gallery and threw an amazing show Thursday evening. Here they are with DJ Foolish Genius.
I was totally surprised and thrilled that our color photo professor Arthur Takayama came to the event. We had a mini Photo Club Reunion. From left to right: Cindy, Lisa, Arthur, and me! Lisa's cross processed and double exposed photos are behind us. Cross processing means you take photos with slide film and process it in negative film chemicals. It is also considered cross processed if negative film is developed in slide film chemicals.
There is so much incredible eye candy in this house. Check out the couch support! No working cameras were hurt for this couch leg.
I celebrated Amy's birthday at Mission Cliff's this afternoon and I managed to fulfilled a dream of mine. I have always wanted to go to a rock climbing venue and never had anyone daring enough to go with. I tried climbing the full size rock shown below and it was way too hard for me. I got about half way and then thought I was slipping. I have a slight fear of heights but am completely addicted to adrenaline, so I was able to overlook that.
I successfully reached the top of the "kids" rock which was half the size. Here I am with Romero's sister, Carol, who is visiting from Brazil, while studying abroad for 6 months.
I am so honored that I've been tagged three times since my last post. Rachel, Cathy, Misty, and Melissa all want to know more. ;) I have already filled out the fours survey but I think a lot of people missed that because it was posted right before my big "retreat" post. I'll fill in anything else that I can. I'll add some other random facts to make up for it.
10 random facts about me:
- I love to organize.
- I got into photography because my grandparents were into it.
- I've worked at Christmas by the Cove for 8 years.
- I should buy stock in Kleenex because of my allergies.
- I started wearing glasses when I was 8 years old. I got contacts at age 15.
- Everyone I know tells me I'm an old soul.
- My favorite state in the U.S. (outside of California) is Arizona. I love Sedona and the Grand Canyon. I stayed at The Wigwam Resort and fell in love with their pool. It was so hot that they drove us to our rooms in golf carts!
- I went to Tijuana with my family for the day when I was 8 years old. I recall that the cabs didn't have seat belts and didn't stop at the stop signs. People were at the public bathrooms selling toilet paper and some guy "helped" us cross the street and begged for money.
- I traveled a lot in the west coast because my dad was a traveling salesman for hospital product companies.
- One day I was swimming in a pool at a hotel in Anaheim and a little kid asked what my dad did for a living. I told them "My daddy sells binders." I didn't understand that they were medical charts so that's what I called them.
Movies I Could Watch Over & Over
2. Any Harry Potter film
3. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
4. Mrs. Doubtfire
TV Shows I Watch:
1. Home Improvement reruns
2. What Not To Wear
3. Orange County Choppers (Dan loves this show)
2. Zucchini Pancakes (the only way I eat zucchini)
Places I'd Love to Be Now:
3. Taking photos
4. working on the Christmas store's website
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) - Ursula Volvo
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) - Cookies n' Cream Oreo
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) -MJAC
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) - Purple White Bengal Tiger
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) -Jeanne San Francisco (pronounced Jean, french spelling)
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) -Jac Mi
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) - The Turquoise Dr Pepper
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) - Henry Charles
9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy) - Coolwater Snickers
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) - Jeanne Joseph
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) - Freeman Fresno
12. SPY NAME/BOND GIRL: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) - Christmas Sunflower
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) - Grape Dress shirty
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) - Special K Palm Tree
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”) - The Photography Cloud Tour