Monday, February 2, 2009

Bitten by the photo bug

These past few days have been filled with lots of click click clicks. Friday I had a really long photo shoot with Jenny. We set up a mini studio right here in my living room and had about 5 costume changes. I was so sore the rest of the weekend. It felt like I had done lunges all day. I'll post those photos in a couple of days when I have time to look at them.

I am participating in a week long scrapbook garage sale at Picture Me Perfect. I didn't get to send as much as I had hoped for, but I'm hoping they'll have them frequently. I'm looking forward to having a little store credit for all of the new stuff arriving from winter CHA.

Saturday I had an itch to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. One of my friends mentioned the camera obscura from playland in San Francisco to me recently so I wanted to go to Ocean Beach. What a beautiful view Sutro Baths was! This always makes me wish I had been around to enjoy the theme park in its hey day.
I went to grab my little point & shoot and saw this image. I've never taken a picture of how much stuff is always popping out of my purse. Now everyone can know that I am a pack mule. :D

I was especially excited to go inside of the camera obscura since this is how photography first began. Artists used these to aid them in painting. They almost considered it cheating. Here is a diagram of what the inside looks like. It was too dark inside to get any decent photos.
This reminds me of why I love to go out around 4pm and start taking photos. I shot 3 rolls of Black & white film (Tri-X by Kodak if anyone is curious). It is such a wonderful feeling to have film advance through the camera.
My favorite photo of Dan on our outing:
I've decided that I am a bit of a post it note junkie. I was watching a documentary on Annie Leibovitz last night and got royally inspired. I want to be like her when I grow up.
I'm off to work on flash homework, a new layout, and continue the job hunt. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

hahaha-I remember a giant back pack ;) Love your shots!

Suggested reading

Blog Widget by LinkWithin