Monday, October 10, 2011

Greetings from Kauai!

I've been on the island of Kauai for two nights. I had the pleasure of spending two weeks here in 2003. The weather is wonderful and the nature is stunning. Yesterday I went swimming at Haena Beach and stumbled upon a school of sea turtles. The best part was that it was completely unplanned and not many people were around! I will be relaxing in Hawaii for 9 days and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

Since I love making lists I thought I'd share my hopes for this adventure:

  • Catch a wave
  • Kayak down the Wailua River
  • Visit glass beach
  • Jump into Queens Bath
  • Swim with the fish (sea turtles too)
  • Take a helicopter ride 
  • Read on the beach
  • Shower outside
  • Nap
  • Hike on the Na Pali Coast
  • Get lost on purpose
  • Make a new friend
  • Journal daily
  • Eat something new
  • Eat where the locals eat
  • Get shave ice
  • Try night photography on the island (not much light pollution at night). 
  • Pass the camera so I get photos of me too!
I took 400+ photos in just a matter of 3 hours yesterday! I will be posting photos when I return so keep your eyes peeled. The fruit is amazing here!

1 comment:

Michelle Clement said...

Ohmygosh!! I hope you had a blast, there... :) I want to see your pictures! I still haven't posted mine from our Maui trip in the Spring, though...so I'm not one to talk. lol. I'm dying to go back to Hawaii!

Suggested reading

Blog Widget by LinkWithin