Monday, June 2, 2008

Movies, grad party, sneak peek, and some fun news

Ok, so I'm finally admitting that I am sick. I thought it was super bad allergies since my only symptoms were sneezing. Today I started coughing. I'm counting down the days to when the constant tea drinking ends.


I've been staying in and watching a lot of movies. Loved the movie Mad Money. I adore all of the actresses & actors in that movie. Its great entertainment. Saw Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. I love Kate Winslet & Jim Carrey but it was a little far out there for me. Finally watched a DVD of The Golden Compass that my mom bought a few months ago. It was pretty cool but insanely hard to follow. It seems like you really need to read the book to understand what's going on because they left so much out. I was really happy that I watched Stranger than Fiction. I adore Emma Thompson & Will Ferrell did an incredible job with this straight character. He can act! I really liked the art direction for the movie too.


I gave in and saw Transformers. I heard mixed reviews & knowing that Shia LeBouf was in it I didn't have great expectations for the movie. I thought the special FX were pretty cool and the story line was almost believable. I had fun talking to my friend in the air force afterwards. And, my most favorite, was The Fountain. Thanks to the guys at DR, my Netflix list is infinitely longer. OK, so these are movies that I've watched over a 3 week period and just forgot to mention. But go rent some of them!

Saturday was my cousin Christina's Graduation/18th Birthday party. She had a Hawaiian theme party. I loved her table decorations.


There were so many people there it was hard to navigate. This is just the friends of the family table!


It was a fun afternoon with some great food and desserts. Christina will be attending the University of Hawaii: West Oahu this coming fall, so her cake was in the shape of a pineapple. She's going to get a ton of visitors while she's there!


I was asked to take photos my dad with his three brothers. It had been two years since I took the last photo. From left to right (and youngest to oldest): Uncle Pat, Uncle Paul, Uncle Kevin, my dad Mike:


Jessica came over to my house after I got off work yesterday. Our neighbor Luis came over as well and we had lots of Pizza. We had fun catching up while I worked on page for the next Scrap Mojo challenge. Here is my sneak:


And finally, something that I have been keeping quiet for a little too long if you ask me...


My sister Jenna is going to study abroad in London for fall semester (Sept.-Dec.) and I'm planning to go with her. We've always talked about traveling through Europe together and I am going to do my best make it happen. I have a lot to work out since I'm not going through school. So if you live over there and want to get together, I'd love that!

Today I spent most of my time watching the travel channel and picking up some books I ordered from the library. Also found out that one of our cousins is a Consul General at the U.S. Embassy in Hamburg, Germany! All I have planned is to stay for the whole three months (or as long as my savings will allow) and to take as many photos as possible. So that's my exciting news!

4 comments:

everythingscrappn.com said...

Sorry that you are sick. I loved Mad Money myself. I watched it not to long ago. Congrats on going to Europe. That sounds like a ton of fun. I wish that I had done stuff like that when I was your age. Now I just hope to get to do it when I get the kids off to college.

Dina said...

Feel better soon...travel is a life-changing experience...you will love it!

Ashley said...

I've always wanted to go to Europe. I've decided that I'll have to go at least once before I even think about having kids.

Also thanks for watching and giving a good review on The Fountain. I've been on the fence about watching it because I didn't know if I'd like it. But now I have to watch it.

Hope you feel better soon. Getting sick stinks!

Jessica said...

MJ!!! If you do come, visit me me me!!! lol. By then the kids will be in school until the afternoon (we plan on putting sebastian in the german kindergarten) so you and i could escape for a few hours in peace! lol.

save lots and lots of money. the american dollar is SUPER DUPER weak right now and you can't get shit. Seriously. Like if you were to go to McDonald's here and buy just a meal, you'd probably spend like $10. It's ridiculous. lol.

Suggested reading

Blog Widget by LinkWithin